Friday, May 21, 2010

Saving, Spending, and Donating Make the World Go Around

I have been reading one of Suze Ormon's books educating myself on money and it occurred to me that it is not too early to start teaching the boys a little financial management.  So, each kiddo gets three super aorable decorated jars.  They are marked spend, save, and donate.  Every Monday they get one dollar for how old they are.  Evan is three so he gets three dollars and is required to put one dollar in each of his jars.  Ryan gets five dollars and is required to put one dollar in each jar and make a choice each week with his remaining dollars.  Today was the first of what I expect to be many days which include errands acting on the labels on thier jars.  The first stop was save.  Each of my guys deposited about eight bucks into their own accounts.  Here they are at Wachovia:




















The next stop was donate, and they gave about $15 to the animals at the AARF house.  Yes, they did choose the charity.  Yes, I did give them a suggestion.
















The final stop was spend at Walmart where Ryan scored the red bionicle and Evan chose a bubble machine.  I am so proud of my guys and the lessons they are learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment