Over the summer, Ryan grew tired of waiting for me to crack the spine of the book I bought entitled, "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Lessons." So, he pretty much taught himself. One day, he was particularly prolific in reading street signs and cereal boxes so I told him he didn't even need kindergarten because he was already so smart. His reply: "But, Mom, I don't know how to build a rocket yet!" Here's a photo of my little rocket scientist on his first day of Meadowlark Elementary.
Reminds me of the little boy I saw in the corner market a few Sunday nights ago. He was very excited so I asked him if tomorrow was his first day of school. He said, "No! Tomorrow is my first day of kindergarten."
ReplyDeleteI think I've finally caught up - my reader is not working right for some reason since I've only gotten two notices about your awesome new digs! So proud of Ryan for reading, that's how the boys learned, too, roadsigns and Garmins have magical powers - now that Roacketship song is in my head ;-)
ReplyDelete