Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mr. Independent

So, it's true that Ryan and I have graduated from sharing a stall in a public restroom. He has to have his own space (hat tip to Miss Mimi for teaching him the word "privacy!"), but last week in the airport restroom he took things to a whole new level. I went into the stall next to him and he insisted that I move and when I replied that I could not because I still had to take care of him, he waited until I had my pants down and moved to a stall on the other side of the restroom. Then I heard him yell for all the world to hear, "Mom! It's not privacy if I can see your legs!" I almost cried after I was done laughing thinking about how my baby is growing up, but when he emerged from his own stall with no shoes, pants, or underwear, I realized I still get to play Mom for Mr. Independent for just a little while longer.

2 comments:

  1. LOL and sniff....it's amazing how quickly they grow and how often they make us laugh and cry, eh?

    You're raising some sweet handsomes there - thanx for sharing them with us :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness ... I can SO visualize Ryan doing this.

    Please tell him that Miss Mimi misses him (and Evan too!).

    ReplyDelete