Sunday, June 1, 2008

Worms Eat Our Garbage



Actually, I told the kids we were getting 1,000 new pets. Ryan asked if they were giraffes and I had to crush his spirit and tell him they were red worms from Pennsylvania. Poor kid.



















So, we check on our worm farm, otherwise known as vermicomposting, every few days and feed them fruit and vegetable cuttings, coffee grinds, stale bread, and all kinds of rotting delectables. Today when we did worm duty Ryan said, "Mommy, I hope our worms are happy."

3 comments:

  1. Oh Heidi ... this looks like such a cool project ... and so environmentally friendly too!! What will you be doing with all of those worms once they've "hatched"? Do they stay in that compost box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's official - you have GONE COUNTRY, girl! Next thing you know, you'll be saying "fixin' to" and "as the crow flies!" LOL

    And a great big Awww for sweet-hearted Ryan! :wub:

    See you guys for big hugs and splashes next week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The giraffe comment is still making me chuckle. Hope you are having a fabulous summer.
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete